Adaptation and Appropriation
by Julie Sanders 2006
E-Book: 201 English pages
Price: 2.000 Toman
Download: Adaptation and Appropriation (Sanders 2006).
1- روی دکمه پرداخت زیر کلیک و فرم را پرکنید.
2- به درگاه بانکی متصل می شوید.
3- بعد از پرداخت موفق، لینک دانلود اتوماتیک به ایمیلتان ارسال می شود.
From the apparently simple adaptation of a text into film, theatre or a new literary work, to the more complex appropriation of style or meaning, it is arguable that all texts are somehow connected to a network of existing texts and art forms. Adaptation and Appropriation explores:
- multiple definitions and practices of adaptation and appropriation
- the cultural and aesthetic politics behind the impulse to adapt
- diverse ways in which contemporary literature and film adapt, revise and reimagine other works of art
- the impact on adaptation and appropriation of theoretical movements, including structuralism, post-structuralism, postcolonialism, postmodernism, feminism and gender studies
- the appropriation across time and across cultures of specific canonical texts, but also of literary archetypes such as myth or fairy tale.
Ranging across genres and harnessing concepts from fields as diverse as musicology and the natural sciences, this volume brings clarity to the complex debates around adaptation and appropriation, offering a much-needed resource for those studying literature, film or culture.