E-Book: 181 English pages
Price: 1000 Toman
Download: Crime Fiction (
1- روی دکمه پرداخت زیر کلیک و فرم را پرکنید.
2- به درگاه بانکی متصل می شوید.
3- بعد از پرداخت موفق، لینک دانلود اتوماتیک به ایمیل (inbox / spam ) ارسال می شود.
Crime Fiction provides a lively introduction to what is both a wide-ranging and hugely popular literary genre. Using examples from a variety of novels, short stories, films and televisions series, John Scaggs:
- presents a concise history of crime fiction – from biblical narratives to James Ellroy – broadening the genre to include revenge tragedy and the gothic novel
- explores the key sub-genres of crime fiction, such as ‘Rational Criminal Investigation’, The Hard-Boiled Mode’, ‘The Police Procedural’ and ‘Historical Crime Fiction’
- locates texts and their recurring themes and motifs in a wider social and historical context
- outlines the various critical concepts that are central to the study of crime fiction, including gender, narrative theory and film theory
- considers contemporary television series like C.S.I.: Crime Scene Investigation alongside the ‘classic’ whodunnits of Agatha Christie.
Accessible and clear, this comprehensive overview is the essential guide for all those studying crime fiction and concludes with a look at future directions for the genre in the twentieth-first century.